Saturday, October 29, 2011

OFFICIAL Group Blog and Reminiscent Pics

Here's a link to our official group blog:

Group Blog


我們愛台灣!


We rotate blog responsibility, so there'll be a post on a weekly basis!


As I've been here, I've started taking pictures of things that remind me of home. Yesterday was awesome. Yesterday, I went to Costco. Even in Taiwan, there are still a ton of free samples at Costco. I bought a 3 lb bag of almonds, and there were so many foods that reminded me of home. 






me and mango juice


NUTS

Other Things That Remind Me of Home
Mrs. Dalloway 



Friday's in Chinese Class....星期五, 星期五 got to get down on 星期五
Model UN! Maybe USN can fly out for this conference ...














































Sonnet From Sophomore English (I memorized this for Mr. Neely in 10th Grade.)


So delicious 

 海綿寶寶




This week, I gave a presentation on how Americans celebrate Halloween to an English class at Wenzao. On Friday, I dressed up as a giant carved pumpkin (jack o'lantern) and gave out chocolate to random members of my student body. It was pretty fun to yell WANSHENGJIEKUAILE! and then Happy Halloween! and ask if people wanted chocolate. After the initial shock, most people said yes. A lot of people's impression of America comes through McDonald's and Hollywood, so it's fun to promote US culture. 

Jubbie and I ate at MOS burger (Wiki Deets), a Japanese chain restaurant, while I sported stars & stripes.   


No comments:

Post a Comment