Saturday, April 28, 2012

American Stereotypes in Taiwan

Nora and I joined forces to make a video featuring some of the people in our Taiwanese life and their perception of the American lifestyle. We're lucky to be exposed to a lot of international students and tons of Taiwanese people at Wenzao. I can pretty safely say that I have about 5 (if I'm being generous) friends from America here, and Nora and I often find ourselves representing the US in and outside of class.

My Canadian classmate is found of saying "美國人" (American in Chinese), whenever I do anything in class. We played with an Chinese hacky-sack on Friday during our break at 9, and I got a little too excited   when I was kicking it to another classmate. After Canadian said "美國人”, I told him I had a name, and then my French classmate started speaking under his breath in English saying "I'm not just an American. I'm a human being!"

It was pretty funny, but we've encountered quite a few misconceptions about our homeland while we've been here.

Second Semester Chinese!

Enjoy!

American Stereotypes! (by Nora and Mack)

No comments:

Post a Comment