Thursday, November 17, 2011

McKenzie the Model

Behind Wenzao, there’s a street filled with small, independently operated restaurants, teashops, and street vendors.  One day while Jubbie and I were eating noodles, the 老闆 (owner) came over and asked if we were interested in modeling for her. Of course we said “of course”, and the next week, I found myself sitting in a chair in the basement of a pasta store while a group of six Taiwanese adults focused on me.  Two hours of staring at the wall and thinking about my life later (six sessions of 20 minutes), I saw the results. Like many experiences I've had recently, it was strange but cool.




























Thank you McDad, Grandma Sharon, and Kathy Greene for sending me postcards and packages!!! I love mail, especially updates about what's going on in your lives since I'm far away and somewhat  disconnected. Let me know if you need my address.  

2 comments:

  1. some of the paintings don't even look like you mack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pushing for the mail here are we Mac?

    ReplyDelete